Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- LN Hand Tool Event Brooklyn January 2, 2015 at 8:00 am – January 3, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Dictum June 12, 2015 at 8:00 am – June 19, 2015 at 9:00 am
Peter Galbert's "Windsor Fundamentals"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Another tool chest
Queens of the Stone Age
Goose Island Rambler IPA
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Short Notes on Lost Art Press Stuff wp.me/p19928-31R 12 hours ago
- Good to see Clifton planes is dropping the "Kunz green" color of its planes. New color: graphite (gray). 17 hours ago
- RT @MBWPodcast: 532 H.O. Studley Tool Chest: The H.O. Studley Tool Chest is considered by many to be THE… goo.gl/fb/o6LizN 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Campaign Furniture
Because I spend 18 weeks a year on the road, teaching and researching, I am always relieved when I return home and my key still works in the front door. I’ve always thought I should have a Plan B in … Continue reading
One of the oddest criticisms I’ve received about the book “Campaign Furniture” is that I’m not British, and therefore have no legitimate connection to that historical style. It’s true that I am an American citizen – I didn’t have much … Continue reading
If you know what a sharp tool is and you have basic hand-eye coordination, then you have the skills to do basic leatherwork, such as the seat and strap for this folding campaign stool. This weekend I built a couple … Continue reading
After wallowing in images of campaign furniture for the last three years, it became clear to me that many of its core principles – clean design, good joinery, nice wood – had been grafted onto the Danish Modern style. Some … Continue reading
One of the core ideas behind campaign furniture was it was a little piece of home wherever British citizens roamed. The soldiers, clerks and support staff who administered the affairs of the British Empire all over the globe remade their … Continue reading
Paul Mayon of the New English Workshop blog posted a quite generous review this week of my latest book, “Campaign Furniture.” It is such a nice review that I am compelled to point out that we never solicit reviews here … Continue reading