Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event, Cincinnati, Ohio April 17, 2015 – April 19, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Furniture Institute of Massachusetts, Anarchist's Tool Chest June 22, 2015 – June 29, 2015
- Course for Aspiring Woodworkers at N.E.W. July 13, 2015 – July 18, 2015
- Knockdown Nicholson Workbench N.E.W. July 20, 2015 – July 25, 2015
- Build a Roubo Workbench, Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking August 10, 2015 – August 15, 2015
"Furniture of Necessity"
"Breakfast of Champions"
Second Staked backstool
Eagles of Death Metal "Peace, Love and Death Metal"
Trader Joe's "Vintage Ale"
LostArtPress on Instagram
- RT @SikesAaron: @rudemechanic Great article on Jennie Alexander's chairs. Another project for the "one of these days" stack. 11 hours ago
- New T-shirts, New Shipping, New World wp.me/p19928-3e4 11 hours ago
- International Shipping Update wp.me/p19928-3e1 1 day ago
Category Archives: Campaign Furniture
You can watch this. I can’t. I honestly have to be half in the bag to watch myself on video. Then I hurl slurred insults at myself. This, I have found, is cheaper than therapy. The “Build a Campaign Chair” … Continue reading
One of the most influential chairs of the 20th century was built and designed by an anonymous craftsman in Roorkee, India. Whoever built the first “Roorkee” chair in the late 1890s was trying to supply the military forces of the … Continue reading
Christopher Clarke Antiques has released its latest catalog of campaign furniture called “An Officer’s Room,” which you can download for free from the company’s web site here. Sean and Simon Clarke were extremely generous and helpful as I was researching … Continue reading
You can now watch two episodes on Roy Underhill’s “The Woodwright’s Shop” on campaign furniture that we taped earlier this year by following this link. Use the arrows below the main screen to scroll over to the episodes you want … Continue reading
After building 27 Roorkee chairs myself and teaching students to build 35 more, I’m ready to make a DVD to share the turning, joinery and leatherwork necessary to build one of these campaign-style chairs. I’ll be filming the DVD at … Continue reading
There’s little doubt that Kaare Klint’s “Safari Chair” was directly inspired by Roorkee chairs built during the late Victorian era. The chairs are so close in dimension that I use the same leather patterns when building an 1898 Roorkee chair … Continue reading