Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- New DVD on Bookcases now AvailableMy latest DVD with Popular Woodworking, “Build a Hand-Crafted Bookcase“ is expected to ship this week. It’s a 126-minute exploration of building the bookcase from “The Anarchist’s Design Book” entirely by hand using surfaced home-center pine. The DVD begins by throwing out the modern idea of using adjustable shelves and discusses how the design was created a […]
- The Stupidest Glue-up EverIf you love to read about people screwing up, this post is for you. This week I’m shooting a DVD in the Popular Woodworking studio on building a traditional 18th-century tool chest (it should be out by mid-March). Building one of these chests alone in my shop is a 40-hour sprint-a-thon. Building it along with a class is an exercise in concentrating through i […]
- New DVD on Bookcases now Available
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Get Help at Lostartpress.com blog.lostartpress.com/2016/02/05/get… https://t.co/D7RncsOBZR 1 hour ago
- Advice on Workshop Walls blog.lostartpress.com/2016/02/05/adv… https://t.co/jzWKMGpn0w 3 hours ago
- The Anarchists Tool Chest Bundle | Lost Art Press | Horton Brasses horton-brasses.com/anarchists-too… via @HortonBrasses 1 day ago
Category Archives: Campaign Furniture
It’s available now. Details on my other blog here.
Campaign seating is one of my favorite furniture topics. Roorkee chairs, X-stools, Fenby-patent chairs etc. are all interesting because they are portable, mechanical and (duh) chairs. Jeff Burks recently turned up a number of fascinating Civil War photographs by James … Continue reading
Jeff Burks turned up an interesting patent for a camp stool that seems genius, and yet I’ve never seen an example in the wild. Nathaniel Johnson of New York was granted patent 32,698 on July 2, 1861, for using a … Continue reading
ONE of our Indian readers sends us particulars for the making of a simple home cot, which we think will be of general interest. The cot consists of a skeleton framework supported by four legs, the overall height being 18 … Continue reading
We’re going back on press for a second printing of “Campaign Furniture” with a few corrections and a slightly different cover. The only significant correction, which was to the Roorkee Chair chapter, is discussed here. I also added a thank … Continue reading
— Suzanne Ellison