Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
Peter Galbert's "Windsor Fundamentals"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Queens of the Stone Age
Anything Belgian or saison
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Friday: A Tantalizing Peek at the Studley Tool Chest wp.me/p19928-31q 7 hours ago
- Suzanne Ellison’s ‘L’art du corbeau’ wp.me/p19928-31m 21 hours ago
- The official corporate sponsor of the Studley Tool Chest shoot. http://t.co/pXJonY7qTg 3 days ago
Category Archives: With the Grain
“With the Grain” by Christian Becksvoort is now available as an ePub for iPad and other readers. The cost is $11 and can be ordered in the store here. International customers can order the ePub by sending an e-mail to … Continue reading
Thanks to a 60 percent chance of rain today, we received our shipment of Christian Becksvoort’s “With the Grain: A Craftsman’s Guide to Understanding Wood.” John Hoffman and family are boxing up the books now and the parcels will enter … Continue reading
The best thing about leaving the corporate media culture after 22 years was that I restored two words to my lexicon: “yes” and “no.” During the last two decades, most traditional media slashed production quality – paper size, paper weight, … Continue reading
Wednesday, Feb. 20, is the last day you will be able to order Christian Becksvoort’s “With the Grain: A Craftsman’s Guide to Understanding Wood” with free domestic shipping. After Wednesday, shipping will be $7. The book will be in our … Continue reading
I am pleased to announce that Lee Valley Tools, Lie-Nielsen Toolworks and Tools for Working Wood will be carrying Christian Becksvoort’s first book with Lost Art Press: “With the Grain: A Craftsman’s Guide to Understanding Wood.” The book should be … Continue reading
Let’s say, for example, that you really like the taste of armadillo meat. You love it poached, pan-fried and in a white wine sauce. Your taste buds can tell when one had nibbled on some acorns. But let’s also say … Continue reading
A little knowledge about trees goes a long way toward improving your woodworking. You don’t need a degree in dendrology to build a desk. But you do need intimate knowledge of how our raw material grows and – more importantly … Continue reading