Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- LN Hand Tool Event Brooklyn January 2, 2015 at 8:00 am – January 3, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Dictum June 12, 2015 at 8:00 am – June 19, 2015 at 9:00 am
Peter Galbert's "Chairmaker's Notebook"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Another tool chest
An English Square for a customer
Queens of the Stone Age
Fat Tire Amber Ale
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Only 46 more plates to edit with "Roubo on Furniture." No, really, that's good news. Back at it. 18 hours ago
- RT @1snugthejoiner: If only I could get Wally to pose. http://t.co/kKmCSucYTB 1 day ago
- RT @pweditors: On location shoot today (thanks for the coffee & cheese pocket @RudeMechanic!) http://t.co/L2F8S45gHc 1 day ago
Category Archives: Books in Print
Roy Underhill’s woodworking novel – “Calvin Cobb: Radio Woodworker!” – is now available for pre-publication ordering in the Lost Art Press store. The book will begin shipping on Nov. 10, and we are offering free shipping on all orders placed … Continue reading
Whenever woodworkers come to my house, two things happen. We drink beer and we gaze longingly at my 18th-century copies of A.-J. Roubo’s ‘l’Art du Menuisier.” I assure you that we keep the beer far away from the books. I’ve … Continue reading
When Richard Maguire posted his fantastic entry on using a notched batten to hold work in place on the bench, he was eviscerated by a certain segment of the woodworking populace because Richard said it was an old technique and … Continue reading
There’s little doubt that Kaare Klint’s “Safari Chair” was directly inspired by Roorkee chairs built during the late Victorian era. The chairs are so close in dimension that I use the same leather patterns when building an 1898 Roorkee chair … Continue reading
Here are a few quick updates on things you might care about. “Calvin Cobb: Radio Woodworker!” by Roy Underhill will ship from the printer on Nov. 10. So we’ll be getting that out in plenty of time for Christmas (whew). … Continue reading
To ensure you can receive “l’Art du menuisier: The Book of Plates” in time for Christmas, we are taking pre-publication orders for this book and offering free domestic shipping until Nov. 19, 2014. “The Book of Plates” goes on press … Continue reading