Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- LN Hand Tool Event Brooklyn January 2, 2015 at 8:00 am – January 3, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Dictum June 12, 2015 at 8:00 am – June 19, 2015 at 9:00 am
Peter Galbert's "Chairmaker's Notebook"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Another tool chest
An English Square for a customer
Queens of the Stone Age
Fat Tire Amber Ale
LostArtPress on Instagram
- You Can Call Him ‘Roy Jr.’ wp.me/p19928-32o 15 hours ago
- ‘Cool.’ A Story by the Saucy Indexer wp.me/p19928-32j 20 hours ago
- Only 46 more plates to edit with "Roubo on Furniture." No, really, that's good news. Back at it. 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chris Schwarz
There’s little doubt that Kaare Klint’s “Safari Chair” was directly inspired by Roorkee chairs built during the late Victorian era. The chairs are so close in dimension that I use the same leather patterns when building an 1898 Roorkee chair … Continue reading
Here are a few quick updates on things you might care about. “Calvin Cobb: Radio Woodworker!” by Roy Underhill will ship from the printer on Nov. 10. So we’ll be getting that out in plenty of time for Christmas (whew). … Continue reading
Building a project in front of an audience is one thing. Designing it and building it on the fly is enough to drive me to drink. Earlier this year I did a two-day seminar for the Alabama Woodworkers Guild where … Continue reading
To ensure you can receive “l’Art du menuisier: The Book of Plates” in time for Christmas, we are taking pre-publication orders for this book and offering free domestic shipping until Nov. 19, 2014. “The Book of Plates” goes on press … Continue reading
Lost Art Press sweatshirts with the hand-lettered logo are back in stock and ready to ship immediately. These midweight American Apparel sweatshirts are available in sizes small to XXL. The price is $45 (XXLs are $1 more). Some customers have … Continue reading
I am finally – finally – getting my butt in gear on “The Furniture of Necessity,” building the projects for my next book. The most recent project has been this aumbry. What’s an aumbry? If you don’t follow my blog … Continue reading
Most of the verbiage I’ve read about the H.O. Studley tool chest has been misleading, candy-coated or just silly. I can say this because I’ve spent the last five years embedded with Don Williams, the author of our forthcoming book … Continue reading