Look at the Cushion on that One

camel_lock_IMG_7756

It’s a remarkably slow weekend here in our house, so while waiting for some servers to wake up and get busy on our new Lost Art Press web site, I pulled together another short booklet of images for you to download.

This download contains images of campaign-style chairs. They are mostly Roorkees and their variants, but I’ve included some other chair and stool images for you to study.

Here’s the link: CF_DESIGN_CHAIR

About Chris Schwarz

Publisher of woodworking books and DVDs specializing in hand tool techniques.
This entry was posted in Campaign Furniture, Downloads, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Look at the Cushion on that One

1. pathdoc70 says:

Thanks for the CF links, Chris. Mike O’Brien Valley Head, AL

Sent from Mike O’Brien’s iPhone 4s

2. hughjengine says:

Cheers!

3. Thanks. Neat stuff. How are the prices read in the catalog pages… “Price each 10/0″ I’ve never seen prices written like that. I’m assuming its old British jargon.

4. rufussaltus says:

I really like the lock, any idea where it’s from? I assume India, Pakistan, or somewhere in Central Asia, but I’m curious if you know where specifically?

5. amvolk says:

I like seeing all the different forms for the chairs, but I simply love that lock!

(The notation is “Shillings/Pence” before decimalization in Britain. Twelve pence to a shilling and 20 shillings to a pound sterling. So, 10/0 is a half a pound. Something like “10/6″ would be said as “ten and six;” or ten shillings and six pence.)

6. One could also imaging a similar booklet on all the forms of Cheryl Tiegs.

7. KampWood says:

Random question about all this campaign furniture: Did you run across this type of furnirure for American civil war officers?

• lostartpress says:

The United States has its own history with campaign/military furniture from the Revolution up to WWII. While it is a lot less fancy than the British stuff, some of it is quite interesting.

It is one of the avenues I plan to go down in the coming years — unless someone else does it so I do not have to.