Download an Excerpt from ‘Make a Joint Stool from a Tree’

For your reading pleasure: A short excerpt on mortising from the forthcoming book “Make a Joint Stool from a Tree” by Jennie Alexander and Peter Follansbee.

The file is a pdf and requires Adobe Acrobat 6.0. It’s a fairly small file at 1.4 mb, so even the dial-up users should be able to nab it without too much trouble.

MAJSFAT_SAMPLE

Yes, those are real color photos in the book. And yes, the page size really is 9” x 12”. And yes, it’s a Lost Art Press book.

And a gentle reminder: If you want to order this book and not pay domestic shipping you have only two weeks left before this offer expires on Feb. 27. Read more about “Make a Joint Stool from a Tree” in our store here.

About lostartpress

Publisher of woodworking books and DVDs specializing in hand tool techniques.
This entry was posted in Books in the Works, Downloads, Make a Joint Stool from a Tree. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Download an Excerpt from ‘Make a Joint Stool from a Tree’

1. Shannon McGee says:

Here I was patiently waiting, no problem at all. Then you post this. This is such a tease. Now I’m going to be calendar watching…… I hate you.

2. Martin Wilt says:

The book looks beautiful, not that I’d expect anything less from Lost Art Press. Does the book go into Peter’s carvings in detail?

• lostartpress says:

The stools in the book have mouldings and some simple carvings. The more involved carvings are on the chests and chairs. And on Peter’s DVDs through Lie-Nielsen.

3. Bill Elliott says:

Thank you in advance for another great book printed in the USA. I’ve pre-ordered with both pride and anticipation! If it’s anything like the quality and finish of “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest”, we’re all in for a(nother) treat!

Upon receiving a couple of woodworking books from another source, I was shocked to see they were printed in China. . . why why why

4. joemcglynn says:

It says “. It is best to mark ONE stile from the stick, then the other three stiles from that first stile.”

Why is that?

PS: I ordered the book. Now I’m watching the calendar too…

5. Bill says:

Pictures look great. I have ordered mine. Any update on Matt Bickford’s book?

6. joecrafted says:

I sense a run on froes and 5/16″ pigstickers. Going to make a froe bonker tonight from a oak branch.