Details this week.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- A (Still) Better Way to Plane Chair SeatsFor many years I’ve used the following trick to plane irregular-shaped objects: Screw a square block to the underside of the piece and then clamp that block in my face vise. It’s a trick that I showed in my 2007 book “Workbenches: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use.” (Psst, the second edition is coming out later this year.) I find it especial […]
- You and Your Puny Moxon VisesWe all know that Joseph Moxon didn’t invent the Moxon vise. But perhaps the Italians did? I spent a fatigue-fueled weekend researching some red herrings and stumbled on this circa 1300 hand-drawn illustration of the construction of Noah’s Ark. I found the plate in “Les Rabots,” a fantastic modern book on handplanes in French. (Someone should really translate […]
- A (Still) Better Way to Plane Chair Seats
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Original Plans for an 18th-century Spice Box. Starting at $15,000 blog.lostartpress.com/2015/08/28/ori… http://t.co/fWRtD07fNU 1 day ago
- ‘By Hound & Eye’ is Here. Special Offer Ending blog.lostartpress.com/2015/08/28/by-… 1 day ago
- Watch the Trailer for the ‘Virtuoso’@DVD blog.lostartpress.com/2015/08/26/wat… 3 days ago